My first time writing "farewell" emails for work

Thursday, August 23, 2012
So, I've spent ALL morning drafting up "farewell" emails to send out next week to customers and vendors whom I've worked closely with in the past 4 years that I've been with Take Five Trading. Wow, I never knew how difficult this task would be!

Of course, for all things that I don't really know how to do, I always turn to GOOGLE! I google'd "how to write a farewell letter to clients" and these are some examples of what came up:

http://au.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070604014907AAgetk1
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Farewell_letter_to_clients
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080327133446AAxUWcd

Oh how I love GOOGLE! I used a combination of these examples to compose my own letters. To most of my customers and vendors, they are going to get a generic email...straight forward and to the point. For my customers whom I've developed a great relationship with, they are going to get a more fun and casual email! They know my "email personality" so I'm sure they'd appreciate a more personal touch to my email rather than a generic one.

I know once I start composing the ones that I have to write to my awesome co-workers and boss, I'd probably start to tear up. I'm such a baby! Ugh! LOL! I'll probably leave those to do in the privacy of my own bedroom so that no one at the office has to see me cry. All the guys would probably freak out if they saw me balling my eyes out. Haha!

Anyways, this was definitely an interesting first experience having to write these kinds of letters. How many of you have had the opportunity to do this before? For me, it's a bitter sweet kinda moment I guess. I'm sure it'd be much easier if it were for a job I hated. Hopefully this will be the first and last time I have to write such a letter!

0 comments:

Post a Comment